|This Minion triggers an effect immediately before being summoned from the Action Bar.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Will not trigger if you summon a Minion using a spell such as Nether Summoning, it has to be summoned from your action bar.
- While Opening Gambit is the most common ability, each card has a unique effect!
- It’s important to note that the trigger occurs before the minion is summoned - Minions such as Hearth-Sister will swap positions before you capture a Mana Spring tile!
- Therefore the effect also happens if the minion instantly dies because of Flash Reincarnation or Kujata.
- Opening Gambit should not be confused with Bond, which requires a friendly minion from the same tribe to be on the battlefield and triggers even if the minion is not summoned from the player's action bar.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Plan when you'll play an Opening Gambit during your turn carefully. Some are much better at the beginning of your turn, while others require you to position first.
- Minions with Opening Gambit have less Attack and Health than equally costed minions that don't, so make sure when you summon them you're getting the most out of their ability!
Related Cards[edit | edit source]
Lyonar[edit | edit source]
Songhai[edit | edit source]
Vetruvian[edit | edit source]
Abyssian[edit | edit source]
Magmar[edit | edit source]
Vanar[edit | edit source]
Neutral[edit | edit source]