New Player Guides
List with guides for new players[edit | edit source]
This is only a small selection of available guides, specifically chosen for new players. If you want more go here.
This explains how to get free stuff for just watching Twitch streams.
Here you get 5 free Mythron orbs! Thanks Steelseries for that promotion!
Some basic tips for you!
And a great F2P guide if you want to know how to get the most out of Duelyst without any money.
- There are hidden achievements which will give you rewards.
- But where to get the spirit for deckbuilding? Disenchanting helps you but how to know which cards are bad enough for that? This guide will tell you!
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Need help with understanding Duelyst terms? What do all these people actually talk about? Useful card game terminology part 1, Useful card game terminology part 2
- Extremely important in Duelyst is correct positioning. There are several guides out there but here are some good examples: Positioning 101, Positioning 102, Positioning 201, Positioning 202
- SleepyGiant did a video about 4 mistakes new Duelyst players make. Another good video is Makuta's talk about improving as a novice.
- The Replace function is a core element in Duelyst. But how to use it correctly? SonofMakuta explains that.
- TheTacticalGmr explains basic strategies involving Provoke.
- This is helping you if you are nervous or frustrated about losing on the ladder.
Deckbuilding[edit | edit source]
A basic deck should attempt to deliver a winning situation, and to do that stay functional and relevant as the game progresses, the available mana increases and the opponent plays threats. Common advice for beginners is:
- Have 9+ useful minions with cost 1-2, as it's good to play something on the first turn
- Some cards with Dispel or Transform that will allow to deal with massive threats
- Ability to use all available mana every turn: Card draw, a good mana curve (good span in individual card cost)
- A couple of late-game bombs, that win the game if the opponent has no counter.
The game has endless possibilities and the above are just guidelines to help new players in the general direction of a good first deck. Many advanced decks build on these guidelines, many others are specialized in sometimes drastically different ways.
- At the awesome Duelspot you can upload your decks, get them rated by the community and look at other decks!
- How to build a good deck? SonofMakuta explains how that works. ImprobableBlob's thoughts on that topic are also very helpful. And here are great tips from several Reddit user on that topic.
- Are you curious what you get from leveling up your faction? This answers all your questions!
- This guide tells you what cards you can safely disenchant to get more spirit. It also tells you what cards are important and good to craft. It also gives you examples for different archetypes.
- This tells you how to best spend some money if you want to do so. However, wait until the last weekend of the month because there is always a diamond sale!
- You want to build your own deck with all possible cards in it? Use the Deckbuilder on www.bagoum.com or Duelystcards for that!
- If you want to have a deck which brings you pretty far after only few hours these only basic cards decks are what you need and what you can build upon.
- Or are you looking for good budget decks you can build after 1-2 days and are strong enough to get you to high ranks if piloted correctly? These budget decks made by S-rankers , Ree69's budget decks resource or TM25MD's budget decks will help you out!
- Are you interested in tierlists to know which decks are the best in the meta (in S-rank / Diamond though) right now? Then look here: Decklists#Tierlists
More about Deckbuilding can be found here.
You also could ask an experienced player as a mentor to help you out. For that look here.