Keeper of the Vale
|Ability||Opening Gambit: Summon a random friendly minion destroyed this game nearby this minion.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As soon a non-token minion dies it is in the pool for Keeper of the Vale's effect. That means that Keeper can bring back the same minion several times although it only died once in the game. Therefore it is important not to "pollute" the pool with cheap and weak minions.
- Keeper will not bring back minions that have been transformed into a token minion. However, if a minion is transformed into another non-token minion, it'll return as the transformed minion.
- Reva's BBS Heartseeker DO NOT count as tokens.
- Rush minions brought back by Keeper of the Vale will be active the same turn it is summoned.
- While Keeper of the Vale cannot bring back tokens, it can bring back non-token Battle Pets.
- Buildings and Sentinels count as token and won't be brought back by Keeper. If they finish building or were triggered they transform into a minion though and therefore can be brought back.
- If Erratic Raptyr receives damage that kills him (e.g. Homeostatic Rebuke), he transforms into an egg because of Rebirth. If the damage is lower though than his hitpoints, he transforms into an egg because of his ability. That is important because if the Raptyr transforms into an egg because of his ability and the egg gets killed he won't be brought back by Keeper. If he transforms into an egg because of Rebirth and killed then, Keeper will bring him back though. So most of the times Raptyr won't pollute Keeper's pool.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Keeper of the Vale is a strong card used mostly for value. Due to it's manipulable out-come, people will use this card in very specific "Keeper Decks", which use really powerful minions with strong effects that can get even more value through the revival effect and the body of Keeper of the Vale. There are two main ways to abuse Keeper of the Vale: Using a huge amount of Rush minions that can quickly beat down your opponent (such as Elucidators and Makantor Warbeasts) or a slow, controlling style were you search to control the board early and start the chain of spawning and re-spawning big or huge effect minions (Such as Grove Lion or Ironcliffe Guardian) later in the game. However, the effect can be sabotaged by transform spells or by the opponent killing the 1st Keeper of the Vale, adding it to the dead minions pool.
Balance Changes[edit | edit source]
v. 0.55.0 - Added: Keeper of the Vale 5 mana 4/5 Opening Gambit: Summon a random friendly minion destroyed this game nearby this minion.
v. 0.59.0 - Stats changed to 3/4.