|Ability||Opening Gambit: Deal 1 damage to everything (including itself).|
Description[edit | edit source]
Opening Gambit: Deal 1 damage to everything (including itself).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Blistering Skorn is an interesting and powerful card in two approaches. First, it is an accessible global AoE (Area of Effect) spell. This easily deals with one health minions such as Abyssal Crawler, Bloodtear Alchemist, Flameblood Warlock, and Wraithlings. Further, its global AoE can be used to hit key break points: this card in conjunction with a basic General attack can remove most 2-drops. Second, it damages itself and allies. This can be used to the players advantage by allowing multiple procs for cards like Twin Fang. It also makes him a consistent target for Amplification as well as an immediate heal target for Zir'an players to set off healing effects.
Interactions[edit | edit source]
- If Skorn's effect hits any Soulburn Obelysk (even if it is your own) Skorn will die.
- Oropsisaur won't buff Krater or Blistering Skorn when they come into play if your General is equipped with Godhammer or if the minion is summoned on a Primal Flourish.
Gauntlet Strategy[edit | edit source]
Blistering Skorn is a solid choice in Gauntlet; it has a beefy body to trade into other cards well, or deal a reasonable amount of damage to the opposing general. Its most important aspect comes in its ability to remove Heartseekers, the bane of non-Reva Gauntlet players everywhere.
Balance Changes[edit | edit source]
- Prior to Patch 1.76, Blistering Skorn was a 3 mana 3/4 with the same effect.
- v. 1.95 - rotated out of Standard. Only usable in Unlimited.
- v. 1.96 - Rotation reverted.